Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sesame Street


Tralee is really into Sesame Street now-a-days. She likes it when there's a song. I remember really enjoying Sesame Street as a kid, it's pretty clever. I have it on right now, and Grover is screaming for his friend "Stella." Stella's not answering so he's calling for a streetcar to pick him up. Ha ha! Now Cookie Monster is saying, "Thank you for watching Monster Piece Theater" and eating cookies. I don't know why I'm typing all this.

I worked out at the Y last night after FHE while Jim watched Tralee. I did the stationary bike and really pushed myself. When I got off the bike my legs felt like 100 ib weights were strapped to them. I also did some weight lifting, sit-ups, and push ups. I weighed myself this morning and discovered that I GAINED weight. Jim's already lost five pounds. What's with that? In fact, after he got out of the shower this morning he weighed himself again and said, "Oh, I lost another half a pound since I took a shower!" I wanted to take his towel and whip him with it. I guess I have to push myself a little harder, and watch what I eat a little closer. I would go work out tonight, but I have enrichment. I really enjoy chatting with women in our ward while Jim watches Tralee. It's nice to not worry about her for an hour or so and just have fun. Maybe Jim will be nice and let me go work out tomorrow morning, since I can't tonight.

I picked up some groceries, exchanged some jeans for Jim, and went to the bank today. Nothing really exciting is happening.

So, there you go and there you are.

4 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Hang in there Leslie! I am just proud of you for working out (unlike me!) A couple of weeks ago I was doing great, lost two pounds, then worked hard another week, anticipating another weight loss, and gained the original two back! So I got mad and haven't been back to the gym since! So don't take after my bad example and keep going strong!

Meagan said...

Good work! I understand...I think Derek could loose weight while eating sometimes. Oh well. I have been trying to work out too. It is hard to find a time where you can be consistent. Keep trying though, eventually it will work (I hope) and at least you will know you are healthier in the process.

Lauren said...

You might be gaining weight because you're gaining muscle mass... from what I hear, sometimes you gain a little weight before you lose it because you gain muscle mass first before you burn fat... but the losing weight will come I'm sure if you keep it up! Ug, I'm totally out of shape too. I'm so excited that it's starting to get a little warmer (maybe?) so I can run outside!

Leslie said...

Thanks for the support. As far as the muscle mass goes, I'll just tell myself that's what happened so I feel better. "I've gained so much muscle mass I can hardly stand it!" Any day now all the "muscle mass" will just melt the pudge away and I'll look like I belong on the cover of Health magazine. I'll be sure to post a picture of my bod when that happens. Hey -- maybe it really will happen. Oh, how happy I'll be!