Saturday, May 10, 2008

Zoo Boise



Today Jim and I took Tralee to Zoo Boise for the first time. Actually, Tralee has been there before, but she was in my belly. So, I don't think that actually counts.

We all had a lot of fun! Tralee even got excited about looking at the animals. As soon as she would spot an animal, she would hold her hands out for them to come to her. None of the animals obeyed Tralee's demands though. She got a little ticked about that, especially when a snow leopard wouldn't come see her, but she got over it. There was a lot to look at and do. Tralee had a blast. We had fun watching her discover her new surroundings. It's kind of sad to see some of the animals in captivity pacing back and forth. I've been to other zoos with amazing large habitats for the animals to live. I was a little disappointed with the small cages at Zoo Boise. However, there was a lot of construction going on, so hopefully they're expanding and making larger, nicer habitats for the animals. Tralee saw a little bobcat pacing back and forth and started to walk with it. I caught the very end of it on video. Of course, as soon as I turned the camera on, she stopped. I did capture a few seconds of it.



To top the day off, Daddy bought Tralee her very own ice cream cone. I tried to steal a few licks, but it was tough. She was all over it.

We weren't quiet ready to come home once with left the zoo, so we let Tralee run around Julia Davis Park. She's a busy little girl. She wanted to run up to every tree and touch it, pick up every stick and examine it, go to each picnic table and say hello, and point to every bird in the sky. So much to see and so much to do! Busy Busy Busy!!

It was a fun day. Fun and exhausting. We were ready to go home and take a nap.

4 comments:

The Bradley Family said...

What a fun day! What a cute little girl! Zoo's are so much fun! Is Zoo Boise pretty good zoo? I am going to have to take Jonas there sometime.

Boom said...

What a great remembrance of a fun day! Good job blogging Leslie!

amy said...

so happy to hear that Tralee's interested in the snow leopard! i suppose it's biologically impossible that her interest comes from me. anyways, thanks for the cute picture card! i wish i had thought of that!

Jim said...

A belated happy Mother's Day Leslie. I did not even see the card I sent you.

Looks like a fun day.

dad