Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update

The weather has become really summer-like over the last few days -- I love it!

Father's Day was a nice day. We went to church, and then I made a delicious Father's Day meal for Jim. I asked him what he wanted to eat, and he choose a steak dinner. So we had steaks, red potatoes, asparagus, broccoli salad, and strawberry-blueberry tarts for dessert. Jim also got some really great presents. I wanted to give Jim his presents after his Father's Day meal, but the first thing he said when he woke up was, "Give me my presents!" I asked him if he was sure, because then he wouldn't have anything to open later on. He was sure. Tralee and I got him some clothes, DVDs, a craft Tralee made, and a one hour massage at the Y. I think he loved it all, and he's excited about the massage.

Tralee and I went to the park for lunch yesterday. For those of you that don't live around here, the main parks host a free lunch for the kids from around 11 to 1 everyday. It's great, and I can't argue with free! I took Tralee yesterday to the playground/park next to the Y. We got her lunch, and sat with some ladies and kids in our ward. Tralee was hungry up until she spotted the swings. As soon as she saw them she did a cute little scream and ran up to them -- all thoughts of hunger gone. I pushed her in a swing, and fed her her lunch. She ate almost the entire thing. Tralee also went down some slides, climbed, and threw wood chips around. It was a fun outing, and Tralee took a nice long nap when we got home. I think we'll be going to the park for lunch from now on, but not today. I'm going to babysit for a women in our ward while she goes to the doctor. I think Tralee will have fun playing with her kids.

Last night we went bowling with Jared and Audie Jacobs and their kids. I think everyone did pretty well. Tralee got a nice goose-egg on her head. She was bending down to pick something up and bashed her head against a metal cup-holder on the back of a chair. Poor thing. She's all better now, but had a rough few minutes right after it happened. Besides Tralee's head injury, last night was fun.

That's all for now. Nothing really exciting, I know. Just the norm, but that's ok for me!

3 comments:

Jim said...

How big is the bowling pot now and why didn't Jim win it??

dad

Leslie said...

our bowling league is over for the summer. It starts up again in the fall.

Jim said...

If you are a toothless white trash woman you could move back to Tennessee or back to Gresham and fit in OK

dad