Sunday, January 18, 2009

Country Life

A few days before our computer went belly up, I looked out my kitchen window and noticed that our neighbor's horses seemed a lot closer than usual. I didn't think much of it until I glanced out the window a few minutes later and noticed that the horses were not only closer than usual, but right outside our house. There are four horses total, but these are the only images I captured before I yelled for Jim to go do something.



We didn't want the poor horses to wander onto the road and get hit by a car for goodness sakes! I mean about every thirty minutes or so another car happens to drive by!

Jim was the hero of the day. He wrangled up all four horses, took them back to their pasture, and made sure their fence was securley latched.

I'm not used to this country life yet. It was pretty exciting to have horses wandering around our property. A few houses away some neighbors of ours have billy-goats fenced into their front yard. I guess the perk to that is, you don't have to invest in a lawn-mower, but I wouldn't like to clean up the mess the goats leave behind. I think I'd prefer a lawn mower to goat poop.

2 comments:

Necha said...

Jim-a true cow boy!

Audie said...

It sounds like you need to get some kind of animal to tie up outside. I vote you get an emu.