Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jim's Birthday



Jim's birthday was pretty low-key, but he had fun. I mean, how can you not have fun if presents and cake are involved?

Jim's mom bought him an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (a family tradition), and since we were babysitting Jim's Uncle's kids whilst Jim celebrated his 30 years of life, they also baked him a birthday cake. It was very sweet of them to do.

Jim opened his gifts and got some birthday money, an Irish t-shirt from Tralee and me (also a tradition we started in our family), and the entire Astro Boy series from Jim's sister Sue and her family. He felt pretty happy about it all.

When it came time to blow out the candles the kids put fifteen in one cake, and fifteen in the other. It took a lot of air to blow out all thirty candles, but Jim managed to do it. Actually, he blew out all but one in one breath and then announced, "Only one left, that means I have one girlfriend."

That's right, and I'm proud to say, I'm her!




3 comments:

Joni said...

What a fun birthday! Now that Jim's old will he still be fun?? I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Necha said...

Is that gray hair I see on Jim's head...JK! I am only two and a half years younger so I better shut my mouth.

Jim said...

Saw a "walker" at a garage sale and picked it up for Jim.

How do I get it out to you??

dad