Friday, May 29, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

Tralee really likes animals, and animal sounds. I've been wanting to take her to the zoo for a while now, and yesterday was the perfect day. Thursdays at the Boise zoo are half price, and Jim was able to come with us. We had a lot of fun as a family.

This is what Hunter did the whole time. I actually had to wake him up to eat. What a good little boy!


Tralee kept calling this Komodo Dragon a dinosaur. It kinda looks like a dinosaur so we just went with it.



At home Tralee really likes doing a gigantic "roar" sound for a lion. However, when she saw this beast at the zoo her grip tightened around Jim's fingers and she started shaking. Eventually she very timidly whispered "roar" when Jim asked her what the lion says. I guess it's a lot less intimidating to see pictures and stuffed animal lions than it is to see one in real life.


Below Jim and Tralee are checking out the giraffes. Honestly, I got more pictures of Tralee looking at animals, than of the actual animals. I also looked at Tralee's expression more than I looked at the animals. It's so fun to see the world through her eyes.

Tralee did a lot of pointing and shouting "Look! Look!" while at the zoo.

I think she's looking at a monkey through the fence. She looks super excited, doesn't she?

This is Tralee's favorite way to utilize a slide. It's alright when no one else is trying to go down, but kind of hard to teach a two-year-old to get out of the way when there's a line of kids waiting to slide. Luckily the slide wasn't too busy when Jim took her to play (I was busy feeding Hunter).



Lastly here is a video of Tralee watching the penguins swim around. Like I said earlier, I love seeing the world through Tralee's eyes, and this video captures that best.



See ya!

2 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Fun day and great pics! Tralee is so cute.

Jim said...

Leslie,

Thanks for the pictures and video

dad