Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friday and Saturday

Friday I . . .

  • Finished cleaning the house (HOORAY!)
  • Had the other Jacobs family over
  • Had Audie highlight and cut my hair (love it!)
  • Hung out with other Jacobs family
  • Waved bye bye as the other Jacobs family drove off into the sunset
  • Watched a movie as a family
  • Got littles to bed
  • Snuggled on couch with hubby
  • Went to bed

Saturday I. . .

  • Went to a bridal shower for Jim's cousin
  • Watched as Jim unclogged the toilet after Tralee flushed an entire roll of toilet paper down it
  • Took a GREAT nap with Hunter while Daddy and Tralee played
  • Went out to eat with family and watched Hunter down some jello among other foods.
  • Thought to self "I should make jello more than a few times a year, Hunter really digs it."
  • Went on a family bike ride to a park to burn off some energy
  • Played at park
  • Quickly biked home when Tralee announced she had to use the potty
  • Taught Tralee the proper amount of toilet paper to use with each bathroom visit and vaguely remembered having the same conversation with my mom and dad when I was little. They both had different TP strategies. Jim and I do to. Hopefully it won't confuse Tralee.
  • Put both kids in the tub and then in their jammies
  • Went downstairs and found out Jim cleaned the kitchen and did dishes for me (swoon)
  • Drove to Walmart to use some coupons that expire tomorrow
  • Purchased four packages of snuggle dryer sheets for a total of $2.48. Without coupons I would have spent $13.92 plus tax. Love a good deal!
  • Drove home and passed a Sonic. Thought of Jim's cousin's post about how awesome sonic ice is. Wondered if I should try it some time.
  • Came home
  • Brushed my babies' teeth, read books, sang songs, said prayers, gave kisses and tucked them in
  • Layed next to Tralee until I heard her sing-song snores. She snores like a little girl.
  • Now I need to finish preparing my lesson for tomorrow's class of thirteen rambunctious nine-year-olds that do ANYTHING for attention. Teaching them is quite fun actually. A little (or a lot) frustrating at times, but mostly fun.

We had a nice few days. Hope yours were equally as lovely.


2 comments:

Boom said...

Nice update! Thanks!

Love, Mom

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Fun to see what you did this weekend! And for what's it's worth, Sonic ice is great! However I always have to tell them "easy ice" or else I will get my soda with it 3/4 full of ice!