Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bird Feeders


My parents don't have any domestic pets, but they have their birds. For as long as I can remember my parents have hung bird feeders in their yard filled with a healthy variety of bird seed. They haven't changed in this regard since I've flown the nest (pun intended). Another thing that hasn't changed? Their battle to keep the squirrels away. Squirrels are my parents nemesis. It doesn't matter what kind of special squirrel-proof feeder Jim and Charlene purchase; a gray, bushy-tailed, beady-eyed, nut-and-seed-loving rodent always finds a way to the stash. It's quite amusing. Another thing my parents can't escape while we're here? Tralee's desire to help Grammy Char-Char re-fill the bird feeders. Just today Tralee informed me that she has to help Grammy Char-Char fill them again, as all but one are in need of replenishment.

No comments: