Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tralee's First Camel Ride. . . well, her first anything ride.

Just a few months ago we couldn't get Tralee to ride on ANY animal on the carousal, and those were fake animals In the past, she has flat-out refused pony rides, and the pony rides were on tiny, short, little ponies. So, when she asked to ride on the camel yesterday at the Cleveland Zoo, Jim and I were skeptical, especially since camel rides were a whopping four big ones! But, we decided to buy a ticket anyway.

We were amazed when Tralee proudly marched up the stand, ticket in hand, and waited for her turn to ride. I kept thinking, "Ok, when is she going to refuse to get on?" I waited for her to announce, "No! I don't want to ride!" But these words never left her mouth. I watched--jaw-open--as my little three-year-old climbed upon a VERY high camel, held on to the harness, and took her first ride on ANYTHING. I worried that maybe she would loose her cool after it started walking, and would want down. I knew Jim had the same worries as I heard him say, "Hold on tight Tralee!" We were wrong again. Tralee loved the whole experience. I laughed right out loud as she regally rode the humpity beast around the track.



I have to admit, I was a little teary-eyed with pride. Tralee looked so cute up there.

It was totally worth four dollars!

4 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

I can't believe she chose to ride a camel for her first time riding an animal! It is so "high up there!" You go girl!

Cammi said...

I am so proud of her too!!!! She's growing up Les!! Yay Tralee!

Joni said...

She won't ride a pony, but she'll ride a camel?! Tralee is definitely her own person...and that's what I love about her. What a brave little girl. I love it.

Necha said...

Aww! I want to ride a camel! Lucky! (Said in the voice of napoleon dynamite.)