Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dino Museum

After we left the Thanksgiving Point Gardens on Tuesday I WAS just going to take the kids back to the hotel.  However, at the last minute I decided to brave the Two Dollar Tuesday crowd take them into the Museum of Ancient Life.  I figured we didn't really have anything else going on, it was still several hours until Jim got off work, so why not tire my kids out even more by showing them dinosaur stuff. 

Here are my munchkins learning all about fossils.  I just asked Tralee if she remembered what fossils are and she said, "Well. . . it's when animals get stuck in rocks."  I'll take it!

More dino bones.


I made Tralee take this picture in front of the triceratops since it's Jim's favorite dino.
After we finished looking at all the cool ancient stuff, it was dinner time.  We helped ourselves to some museum eatery food and talked about our favorite dinosaurs.  When dinner was devoured, we went on our way to visit Daddy at work for a few, and then traveled back to the hotel for a little R&R.  I'm not sure who was more tired, me or the kids.  It was a good tired though, an I've-done-nothing-but-played-hard-all-day tired.  The kind of tired that can't be beat.  The kind of tired that makes climbing into bed feel heavenly. . . even if it is a hotel bed.  Before we knew it, it was time to pick Jim up from work, and spend a few hours together as a family before figuring out what fun things we could come up with to do on Wednesday.

Wednesday was a lot of fun too.  Stay tuned.

No comments: