Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day One in Paradise

The kids and I landed in Maui on March 6th.  Tralee and Hunter were wonderful little travelers!  Thank goodness I have good kids!  Once we arrived, we took a cab to visit Jim at work and pick up the rental car from him.  After visiting Jim, the kids and I headed to his hotel, relaxed, and went to bed.

 The morning of March 7th we all woke up, and Jim took us to the beach before he had to head in to work.  After dropping Jim off, the kids and I had the whole day ahead of us.  We shopped, ate lunch, and drove out to the Maui Ocean Center where we spent a good portion of the day exploring sea life.
Hunter fell asleep on the drive, and I had a heck of a time trying to wake him up.  I didn't want him to miss anything, but the little bugger must have really needed to rest, because nothing seemed to get those eyes to open.  Hunter woke up when we were by the sea turtles, and finished up the tour with us well rested and ready to check out the sea creatures.  I took him back to the first part of the aquarium when we were done so he didn't miss anything due to his siesta.  


Sleepy Hunty and Stinks

Tralee liked these fishes
This was my favorite fish.  It's called a frog fish. 

Tralee petting some sea life
Hunter kept saying, "Whoa!  Look at that!"

Shark tank!

Scuba diver in the shark tank

I've never seen such a huge stingray in all my life!!  Amazing!



The munchkins and I had a lot of fun at the Maui Ocean Center.  After we were done looking at fishes, we went to visit Jim at work, then went out to dinner at a local eatery.  The food was very Hawaiian, and there was a lot of it.  Our bellies were full as we went back to the hotel.  The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and waiting for Jim to arrive from work.

Our first full day in Hawaii was great!  The only thing that would have made it better was if Jim spent the whole day with us.  Luckily, we only had to wait one more day for our family vacation to officially begin! 

No comments: