Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hunter's Birthday

We had been asking Hunter for about a month prior, what he wanted to do for his 4th birthday.  Every time he told us he wanted to go to a hotel and go swimming for his birthday.  So, that's what we did.  Before we checked in, we had a few other things to do that day.  


Hunter remembered the decorations for Tralee's birthday, and expected the same treatment.  He woke up one morning before his birthday, and mistakenly thought that it was his day.  He grabbed my hand, ran me out to the kitchen and his bedroom door, which had no decorations on it, and said with a melancholy look on his face, "If today is my birthday, then look!!!"  I explained that it wasn't his birthday yet, and he will for sure get decorations on his day.  He was quite happy after that, and the morning of his birthday he grabbed my hand, proudly led me out to the decorations and said, "See!  My door has birthday stripes!"  I swear, it's the little things that matter most to these little chickies.


Hunter went to pre-school, and we had a little celebration for him the last 15 min of class.  He felt special, and all the kids enjoyed the birthday cake he picked out to share! 





After we picked Tralee up from school, we met Jim for dinner, and then made our way to the hotel where Jim booked us a two-bedroom suite!  The kids loved it!  Some of Hunter's presents were pool toys, so we tested them out at the hotel's pool.  Also, since Hunter's birthday was on a weekday, we pretty much had the whole pool to ourselves!  It was GREAT! 

Hunty's presents

Hunty testing out the bouncy-ness of the hotel's mattress

Hunter let me have this angry bird toy because it matched my glasses

Birthday kisses



 After swimming and gift opening, we ended the night we some more of Hunter's birthday cake.


He loved it!
 For his birthday this year Hunter asked for the following gifts:

1.  A magnifying glass

2.  Toy mustaches

3.  A pretend zombie

4.  A soccer ball

The mustaches were fun for all!




I still can't believe my baby is four!

No comments: