Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Boxing Day Skating

After being inside in our jammies all Christmas Day, we were ready to get outside on Boxing Day.  Jim proposed that we drive out to the lake to check out the ice-skating situation.  Jim brought a shovel, shoveled off the snow, and made a nice little rink for us.  The ice wasn't super smooth, but good enough for us.

I wished I would haven brought the big camera this day, because the fog made for some awesome pictures.  Instead, all I had was my iphone that was almost drained of battery.  I was able to snap a few pictures before my phone died.  It was probably a good thing, as then I was forced to play, skate, and interact with the littles instead of worry about taking pictures.  

Below are a few pics of our day on the ice.  



1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . JUMP!  Tralee's airborne, I missed the mark.

I did it this time, but Tralee's timing was a little off.  


Our soon-to-be rink
This was the last picture I snapped before my phone died.

Feeling inspired after skating around in Winterland, we decided to stop at a movie theater on our way home, and watch Frozen again.  Luckily, it was about to start right when we pulled into the theater.  

Meant to be!

Our Boxing Day was full of frozen fun!

No comments: