Monday, November 17, 2014

Funny Kids

My kids say funny things all the time, and I've been kind of remiss when it comes to documenting the sentences that crack me up. Before I forget, here are two recent situations that had me laughing.

First, the other night I made a casserole for dinner. It wasn't my best dish, but by far it wasn't my worst. Tralee liked it alright, and was taking bite after bite. Hunter, on the other hand, was sitting with a scowl on his face and hadn't touched his dinner plate. I told him he had to at least try one bite before he could decide whether or not he liked it. Tralee, true to her helpful nature, enthusiastically encouraged Hunter to try dinner by saying, "Hunter, I KNOW it looks like puke, but it actually tastes quite good."

Needless to say, Hunter never tried a bite, as I stopped enforcing after my dish was compared to a pile of vomit.

The last anecdote happened the other night while Hunter and I waited for Tralee to finish up at swim practice. Usually there's another little girl waiting for her sister to finish up too. Hunter and this little girl pretend to be dogs while they wait. Before their playing continued one day I heard Hunter tell her, "I want to marry you when I grow up." The little girl responded with, "I know." It was a cute little exchange between friends.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll get better at writing these things down, because I know I'll forget them if I don't.


No comments: